HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
truck6driver

Tach anyone?

4 posts in this topic

I have been looking for a tach to work on my 650L. Honda has a digital tach but it was designed for boat engine use and reacts slow. If you rev the engine and let off, buy the time it reads the high rev you are back at idle. Does anyone know of an aftermarket tach that will work on a 4 stroke single?\

Ray

94 XR650L

Autometer has an analog tach sold largely to the Jr Dragster market. If you're not familiar, they run variants of a Briggs & Stratton 5hp single cylinder. Its not cheap, though, at around $110. I'm not sure how high it goes, but probably around 10,000rpm. I'm also not sure how it hooks up; it may need a points type ignition.

If anyone finds something that works good, post it. I'd like to hook up a tach to mine, just to see what rpm's i'm normally running it at.