HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thumpasaurus

cost to freshen 92 XR600R motor

4 posts in this topic

Can somebody give me ballpark $ on what I might expect to pay a shop to rebuild my XR motors top end. Assume I pull the motor myself. I want to keep it stock or close to it.

thanks.

i'm in the process of rebuilding the top end of my 85 xl600. i've spent approx $800 in parts and machine work. gasket kit $100. sleeve $80. piston "kit" $185 from honda. valves and guides $200 from kibblewhite. bore job $80. head machine work $150. and some misc. this is just parts, i'm doing all the labor. i was really surprised how much more expensive it is to rebuid a four-stroke, than a two-stroke. also, check out al baker 's xr's only. his website will give you an idea on labor. lol

yeah I hear ya man, back in '97 I spent about $400 for a top end job on my old DR-350. And I had pulled the engine myself.

The XR600's have problems with the transmission so take a good look at the gears when you pull off the top end. I had to replace 6 gears @ $100 each when I did mine.