Bar bends

I've gotta replace the bars on the piggie. they are way too high. I believe the previous owner replaced them with ATV bars as the rise is like 4 or more inches. Interested in the Pro Taper SE model bars (in matte balack). I was wondering what others have run. I see alot of guys using the CR High bend, but I was thinking more like the low or mid bend as I like to weight the front a bit more and seat closer to the tank. My riding will consist of single track....rocky, roots, northeast.

I ran the CR Highs for a year but I like more sweep so I've switched to the YZ high. If you like the sweep of the original XR bars the yz highs are the way to go.

I got the CR Hi bend. I am only 5'8", and they could still be higher. Fine for sitting, but feel a little low while standing. Don't be afraid of going with the hi bend.

I got the CR Hi bend. I am only 5'8", and they could still be higher. Fine for sitting, but feel a little low while standing. Don't be afraid of going with the hi bend.

Hmm...good point. Standing. Perhaps the hi-bend may be the one for me then. What rise would the stock bars equate to....low, mid or high?

The stock bars on the 650R are about as low as they come. I would be hard pressed to think they could make them any lower unless they took out the top crossbar :cry: I replaced mine with Pro tapers with the CR high bend and used the bar adapters on the stock clamps with raises them up about 3/4" and I love them. I'm 6-1" and they are very comfortable for me and I don't get an upper back ache when I'm standing.

In the spring I bought a Protaper top clamp off of Ebay and bought the Protaper Enduro High OS bar. The Enduro High bar is the same bend, height and width as the stock bars. The EH bars are the same as the Protaper mini bar and have the same bend as the CR High, just narrower. At 5' 8" this set-up is very comfortable for sitting or standing for me.

Brian