HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamamort

04 450 Q's

2 posts in this topic

Just got back into riding after being out for two years with knee injury . I got a 04 450. I love the power, i love the bike. I put a FMF Q series pipe on itand pro taper handle bars. I'm pretty power hungry so i'm looking for any tips on this bike to make any improvements.

Just got back into riding after being out for two years with knee injury . I got a 04 450. I love the power, i love the bike. I put a FMF Q series pipe on itand pro taper handle bars. I'm pretty power hungry so i'm looking for any tips on this bike to make any improvements.

Do something about the plug in the decomp shaft bore; the OEM one can drop out. The TT store sells a cure.

Have the suspension done, and be sure the springs are heavy enough to match your weight properly. The stockers are for 160-170 pound riders, and you'll have to overdamp the compression if they're not stiff enough.

Maintain it well, and don't cut corners on the simple stuff like chains, etc.

Depending on how you want to ride it, you might consider a heavier flywheel, but the '04 already has a heavier one than the '03 (the 5oz GYT-R), so the next step would be a GYT-R or Dr.D 8oz, and you might not need it.

:cry: