Looped the BRP today

Well it finally happened this afternoon. On my third attempt up a hill, I saw that pretty red fender WAY over my head with lots of blue sky behind it. The advice given to me prior to this climb - "stay on the gas, and stay way up on the tank" Now if I would just stay on the bike :cry:

All in all I was lucky that the bike didn't land on me, but we had a wrestling match to the ground which was thankfully some very soft dirt. No band-aids or broken parts so this was a nice little lesson - and some pretty good entertainment for the guys I was riding with today.

Did you get the same feeling I got just before you went over....The little voice in your head that says "UH Oh...you on your own now, Im bailing off" hehehehe

How far up the hill where you?

I haven't had any real dirt wipeouts sfor many years, but had lots as a kid riding various trails. I noticed a strange effect of dirt bike wipeouts: time slowed down. For instance-as I was riding down the dirt road and tryed to doge a large mud puddle by going around it and hit a small tree with the right side of my handle bar sending said bar to full lock to the right very suddenly.As I was off the bike flying through the air, it seemed like I had all kinds of time to reflect on my poor decision of going around that puddle.And then, of course, I began thinking about how much it was going to hurt as I my body contacted the hard dirt, rocks, etc when I did finally land. Then, as always, I began worrying about if I would doany damage to my motorcycle, etc., etc.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just a bit "round the bend"?

Happened near the bottom third of the hill. Just a little transition where it got slightly steeper near some roots. The visual part was fun as my bike was fully airborne inverted going over me as I had landed on my back. Good thing that It cleared me. The bike hit the dirt and slid a little but stopped quick enough that I rolled up over it as I did a 3/4 sommersault backwards down the hill - I wish that someone could have gotten it on video.

I've experienced the same thing many times (time slowing down). It seems the brain goes into a different mode during the wipe-out.

Once I was going down a steep hill and for some unknown reason I decided to wheely over a rut that angled across the hill. (I didn't hit it straight.)

As I was flying down the hill beside my bike, I had time to distinctly think "That was dumb." and "I know the bike is beside me. I hope it doesn't land on me."

It's an interesting experience!

Seldon

I haven't had any real dirt wipeouts sfor many years, but had lots as a kid riding various trails. I noticed a strange effect of dirt bike wipeouts: time slowed down. For instance-as I was riding down the dirt road and tryed to doge a large mud puddle by going around it and hit a small tree with the right side of my handle bar sending said bar to full lock to the right very suddenly.As I was off the bike flying through the air, it seemed like I had all kinds of time to reflect on my poor decision of going around that puddle.And then, of course, I began thinking about how much it was going to hurt as I my body contacted the hard dirt, rocks, etc when I did finally land. Then, as always, I began worrying about if I would doany damage to my motorcycle, etc., etc.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just a bit "round the bend"?

I think we all have been there. My experience was while on a banshee.

We had been hitting a jump all day and flying off of it. We had been hitting it 2d pinned, for God knows what reason, I hit it the last time in 4th and pinned. Long story short, I was about 12-15 feet up, fixing to land on the flat bottom, and actually had enough time to debate with myself, should I let this thing go and risk breaking legs, or hang on and let the suspension soak up as much as it could.

I opted for hanging on, and the guy who taught me to ride was in the back of my mind saying, "when in doubt, gas out!"

I managed to keep the bike wheels side down, but pulled my back in a bad way, thank God that is all that happened!

Time slowing down, an all to familar feeling.

I remeber once flying off the bike and wondering what I was having for dinner :cry::cry:

I've experienced the same thing many times (time slowing down). It seems the brain goes into a different mode during the wipe-out.

Many of time's myself :cry::cry: and it alway's seem's yer holding on with one hand on the handle bar thinking I can save it :cry::cry:

Or yer thinking.................................. I'm gonna die :cry::lol: