HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onelugnut

How far on 05 WR 450 Tank

6 posts in this topic

The tank seems to be kinda small on the 05.How many miles can I expect to get on a tank of gas.I hope I can get 50+ miles

These bikes are very sensitive to riding style when it comes to fuel mileage. My guess is if it's similar to the 03/04's you'll be on fumes at 50 miles if you're riding agressively. At a slower pace you might get 70-80.

I rode 80 miles before going on reserve which is .3 gal. I was riding easy trails in 4th & 5th gear at 1/4 throttle most of the time. My '05 WR450 is stock except for the muffler insert which I removed.

:cry: Wow 40 mpg! That is awesome. :cry: I think I could hit that cruising with 30 lbs of pressure in my tires. I could never get past 85 miles on the 03 tank which was 2.6 gallon and 112 miles with the 3.4 Gallon tank. That is impressive! :cry: