HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabass

'05 Needle- How The Heck Do Ya Get To It?

7 posts in this topic

I've got an 05 WR and saw some post about the stock needle not having any grooves that allow the raising or lowering of the needle. I decided to take a look for myself and damn if I could figure out how to get to it! :cry: I took the tank off, loosened the throttle cables, but no luck turning the carb sideways. Does the carb need to be removed to replace/ adjust the needle?

It can be done in the bike. Pull out the hot start plunger on the top left side of the carb, this will allow just enough rotation of the carb to get to the needle. The stock needle has only one clip position. I recommend the JD jetting kit (see my 05 ride report post) :cry:

I posted about the lack of clip positions. You CAN rotate the carb, but it's easier to just take it out. Remove the top cover (two alan head screws) and the needle is right there. Pull the slide up and out, unscrew the dealy and there you have it.

It can be done in the bike. Pull out the hot start plunger on the top left side of the carb, this will allow just enough rotation of the carb to get to the needle. The stock needle has only one clip position. I recommend the JD jetting kit (see my 05 ride report post) :cry:

Thanks! :cry:

I posted about the lack of clip positions. You CAN rotate the carb, but it's easier to just take it out. Remove the top cover (two alan head screws) and the needle is right there. Pull the slide up and out, unscrew the dealy and there you have it.

I'm unsure of the dealy. Is this some technical jargon? Or is it that part next to the whatchamajig? :cry:

I'm going riding for four straight days and if Ol Blue doesn't run quite right I'll be buying the JD kit. But for now she rips