Triple clamps?

what does after market triple clamps do verse stock? and If a good reason what will fit my o5

ps this smilie is just nasty :cry:

most aftermarket clamps let you move the bar position forward and let you use stronger inch and an 8th bars (stock is 7/8's)if you buy upper & lowers you can change the steering offset as well (some brands dont so ask)applied makes some really nice clamps as does protaper and rg3

most aftermarket clamps let you move the bar position forward and let you use stronger inch and an 8th bars (stock is 7/8's)if you buy upper & lowers you can change the steering offset as well (some brands dont so ask)applied makes some really nice clamps as does protaper and rg3

Most companies don't offer alternative steering offsets (that's different than handlebar position offset) for YZs because there's nothing wrong with the way the factory set them up. This isn't true of the early CRFs and many KTMs, particularly the 2-strokes.

A lot of top clamps offer some form of rubber handle bar isolation in addition to alternative bar offsets to improve rider comfort.

Unless you change Steering offset, the only thing the bottom clamp does is look cool, since very few are lighter than stock, and some are actually heavier. You decide if that's worth $150. :cry:

t/y thats what I needed to know. I shall stay stock :cry: