WR450 suspension- cross post from susp forum

Ok, I have a wr450 04 mdel here in the UK. I use it on and offroad, but only on the road transitting to off road places!! It runs MAxxis IT tyres, std gearing and RG3 tripple clamps.

I am a big guy, probly 235 pounds in all my riding gear! At the moment i have not altered the suspension settings from stock. I have not measured sag etc, nor adjusted the shocks / forks one bit. I am amazed how plush it all feels, and it seems to cope with me really well! I have only bottomed the forks once in a heavy landing intoa bog on a trail (bike stopped dead, I did not!!LOL).

Question is, should I tinker wiht the stock shocks / forks, or am I just too big, and need to look at respringing and revalving to before I dial it in?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated, as always!

The only real way to know if your springs and/or shock is strong enough is to tinker with the adjustments. Arm yourself with the knowledge of "how-to" and run with it. I ordered the suspension dvd from the thumper talk store and it was extremely helpful. Now I know what all those terms mean and how to make them work properly.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Catalogs.asp?pdf=ttSAGsetter

If suspension upgrades are in order, Race Tech service is also available thru the Thumper Talk network at a good price.