Well, I've decided to just go ahead and try it for myself. Here are some shots of the procedure. I did it a little differently then others here, but I'm sure the end result will be about the same. So far I think it's turned out pretty good. I used an angle grinder with a zip-cut disc (3/32 thick) Picture 1 Here is the end cap with the tip running through it. Picture 2 Here I've cut away the end cap from the exhaust tip. I used a dremel and carefully cut between the end cap and the weld that holds the exhaust tip in place. (on the outside) Picture 3 Picture 5 At this point you have to cut the pipe off between the weld and the loose end cap. Obviously so you can remove it. :-) Picture 6 Quite a bit shorter! Forgot to measure it though but I basically cut it in front of the last baffle (or first if you are going from the exhaust tip) Picture 7 This is the first baffle looking from the exhaust tip. Picture 8 This is the new exhaust tip. After trial fitting I will be making some changes to it. First off the mitre isn't right and second, I don't like the fact that you can see the tip of the second baffle tube. You can't see much of it, but it is visible (refer to last image) Picture 9 I cut the original tip out and used a piece from inside the exhasut to fabricate my new tip. Not quite long enough though so I guess I will have to buy a piece. I used a dremel to cut the hole to except the larger diameter tubing. Stay inside the line and use a stone of some sort to clean it up and get the size exact. Picture 10 A shot from the back. As you can see, I need to lengthen or change the angle so you cannot see the pipe from the first baffle. I want to keep it forestry legal. Picture 11 Picture 12 Nothing is welded yet so changes can still be made.