HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barefootbob

Who has the lightest WR450

8 posts in this topic

I have a 04 WR450 I love my bike :cry: but after riding my buddys crf450 I'm wondering how can I shed some weight and make some adjustments to get that light fealing :cry: I know that crf450 is a lighter bike but when you ride it it feals lighter than it realy is.What parts to use and where do I send my suspention what exhaust is light Quit and adds power.HELP! so much mud so little time :cry:

i've got mine down to 249 lbs wet w/out gas now this is coming from 262 lbs stock wet w/out gas. there are several controversial things i've done to attain this weight,the big one being total starter removal , also removing the overflow tank and putting on a 1.6 kg cap seemed to draw some negativity. but there are many things you can do,like a light weight exhaust not only power gains but my power core 4 was 5 lbs lighter than stock! you can go to the yz rear fender thats worth over 2 lbs. the ironman sprocket is 1 lb less than stock ,that useless odo that takes forever to reset ,over a lb(including the cable,just silicone the hole) removing the starter and all the crap was almost 14 lbs and after battery removal you can then use the yz airbox (only $50) and thats another 2 lbs. i've also added around 7 lbs of extras(gaurds etc.) so technically you could go down to 242 its probably about as low as you could go and still function normally. there are other more expensive ways (titanium springs,and axles-bolts) but unless your racing thats gettin' kinda out there! :cry:

You can also loose the headlight and replace your sub-frame with one from a yzf, it's aluminum instead of steel. Good luck!

the headlight was one place i didn't want to lose weight! not only does it act as a buffer for the regulator, after having to come out of the woods in the dark a couple times you kinda appreciate it! i am looking at the ufo headlight which seems alot lighter anyone know what one weighs? and the 03-04 already have the aluminum subframe.

the headlight was one place i didn't want to lose weight! not only does it act as a buffer for the regulator, after having to come out of the woods in the dark a couple times you kinda appreciate it! i am looking at the ufo headlight which seems alot lighter anyone know what one weighs? and the 03-04 already have the aluminum subframe.

did you put anything in place of the Battery? I took mine out of my 250 and it does fine.

Use the gas cap mod... Remove gas cap and hold in hand....roll WR about 10 feet forward from where you are standing. Go back to original place where you were standing. Now have a friend roll a YZF up to you. Put gas cap on YZF and ride that.

did you put anything in place of the Battery? I took mine out of my 250 and it does fine.

no just took it out and grounded the ground strap,since that post i have removed the headlight with no ill effect. :cry: