Too Loud?

I have a XR650R uncorked with white bros. e-series s bend. I am looking into racing hare scrambles ( never raced before) and have noticed that ama sponsored races are requiring a 96 decibal rule

I was wondering if anyone knows if my bike would pass or how to get it tested. I dont want to pay the entry fee then fail tech

Any other info for getting started racing would be great.

I appreciate any help

You won't pass. I'm guessing that things around 101-102db. I'm sure White Bros. makes a quiet insert for it. Give them a call. If you pay the entry fee and then fail tech, at least you've made a contribution to a good cause..

You won't pass. I'm guessing that things around 101-102db. I'm sure White Bros. makes a quiet insert for it. Give them a call. If you pay the entry fee and then fail tech, at least you've made a contribution to a good cause..

It would be a good cause, but it would kill me not to be able to ride.

White bros. does make a quiet core but they say it reduces the noise anywhere from 3-6 db so I was wondering how I could get it tested.

I just had my BRP sound checked at a AMA Hare Scramble in AZ, a couple weeks ago.

I have a White Bros. E-series w/12 disks.

It tested at idle at 90db. No problem.

I also passed an AMA National Enduro sound test(he would not tell me the #, just said it passed.)

What hare scramble races in AZ are you considering?

?

I dont know for sure. I know there is one scheduled for late feb. by lake pleasant. I was planning on showing up and getting info.

I have never raced down here (just a few motocrosses back in WA)

so I am kind of going on nothing, I dont know what class or whatgear they require.

any info would be great.

I noticed your in Tempe. Are you much involved racing?

I do a small bit of racing in AZ.

The AMRA race in Feb. will be gnarly. I am expecting B-level enduro trails, except at a hare scramble pace. There will be few places to rest, except for rocky sand washes. Skid plates and handguards are a must.

Your bike should pass sound check no problem.

Where are you currently riding and what is your skill level?

?

I am riding a 2002 xr650r uncorked of course

too be honest I dont know what level I am. I have been riding for about 10 years and I am much faster then anyone I ride with, but that doesnt mean much ?

I learned to ride in very tight technical woods so I can pretty much ride through anything but I done have anyone to really compare myself too

If I where to race I really dont know what class I should enter. I know I am not a beginner but I dont really no much more then that

I try to find some gnarly single track to ride on the weekends.

I will be riding with some old buddies on a semi-technical ride this Sat. at Pima/Dynamite if you are interested.

We try to keep the group down to 5 or less riders to keep the dust down.

We will be going on a 60 mile loop of singletrack, with a few hill-climbs thrown in. We will stage at 7am and ride by 7:15. PM me if you are interested.

?

I have a 02 XR650R with a WB-"E" with 12 disks inplace and the quite core added. WB tested my bike about a year ago and it just below 96dbs, at the time it had the air box opened, open intake with a 175 main & a 65s p. jet. They (WB) said that the 650s test at low rpms than smaller cc bikes. I felt that if it was close when tested at a riding site that I could just remove a few disks. ?