HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETP

Current 04 Starter Upgrade Info

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just recieved my WR450 04 starter parts and will be doing the mod to my 03 as per the wr450.com instructions. :cry:

Didn't I see some posts a while back regarding some other bolts inside the case coming loose? Stator bolts not torqued properly from the factory, etc.? Any current tips or advice would be appreciated. :cry:

Thanks

Yep....there's been a couple reported instances of the stator bolts backing out. I used 243(oil resistant) loctite on all the bolts on the inside of the case cover when I updated my 03...

Hey guys,

Just recieved my WR450 04 starter parts and will be doing the mod to my 03 as per the wr450.com instructions. :cry:

Didn't I see some posts a while back regarding some other bolts inside the case coming loose? Stator bolts not torqued properly from the factory, etc.? Any current tips or advice would be appreciated. :cry:

Thanks

I thought I read on here that Yamaha changed the part numbers on the '03 stator bolts and they're now slightly longer...