HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bushy

Weird smoking patterns..

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, each time I change my oil the bike smokes on startup for about 30 seconds, but does that for the first 2 or 3 startups. After that the bike is fine. I know the problem would be caused by the valve seals or maybe even guides? I just want to make sure nobody has this weird problem and if it is even normal? I havent noticed any loss of power and its not loosing oil. :cry:

I just dont want to go and replace everything then find out a bunch of peoples bikes do the same thing.

mine just started doing that,it runs fine im just going to keep an eye on it,just did a new cylinder ,piston,crank and such back in July so...as lomng as it stops after a few seconds,may look into new seals this winter

It takes very little oil to cause a lot of smoke so if you’re not noticing any oil loss I would not worry about it.

:cry: