HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gimprvr

How many beers will it take to

10 posts in this topic

install a new triple clamp and scotts damper? Just picked mine up. Can anyone give me any tips on install?. ie, "Dont do this", "Use this Tool" kind of stuff

Thanks in advance :cry:

Make sure all the parts are there. I took everything apart, installed the new clamp and tower, and then realized that they didn't send me the floating pin that goes in the tower. Wasn't fun the next day to go riding with all the shiny and pretty new equipment that didn't do squat. My (supposed) friends were ruthless too.

install a new triple clamp and scotts damper? Just picked mine up. Can anyone give me any tips on install?. ie, "Dont do this", "Use this Tool" kind of stuff

Thanks in advance :cry:

4 panadine forte, 4 Wild Turkey stubbies and a slab of Crown Larger should cover it :cry:

When you mount the post make sure you do each of the cinch bolts a little bit at a time. Keep going back and forth until that sucka is on there nice and tight. Other than that I think it should only be a 4 beer job.

Fryboy

I think you should pack your steering head bearings with grease while you have the top-clamp off. It's only going to take one beer more to do it.. Also, make sure you have a nice Mallet to gently slide the new top clamp on. Be careful not to gouge the pinch area of the top-clamp with a screwdriver, if you must open up the pinch area use a tire iron instead of a screwdriver, bigger is better.

Also, make sure that the steering head nut is properly adjusted, too much torque will hurt your bearing and not enough will give your bike the shakes.

Taking old bars off= 1 beer

Taking old clamp off= 1 beer

Packing bearings= 1 beer

install new clamp= 1 beer

mount dampner post and dampner= 1 beer

install new bars w/ new grips (might as well go all the way) = 2 beers (it takes longer than one could expect)

The way I look at it, it will take you 7 beers to git r' done... Have fun....

Dan :cry:

I think you should pack your steering head bearings with grease while you have the top-clamp off. It's only going to take one beer more to do it.. Also, make sure you have a nice Mallet to gently slide the new top clamp on. Be careful not to gouge the pinch area of the top-clamp with a screwdriver, if you must open up the pinch area use a tire iron instead of a screwdriver, bigger is better.

Also, make sure that the steering head nut is properly adjusted, too much torque will hurt your bearing and not enough will give your bike the shakes.

Taking old bars off= 1 beer

Taking old clamp off= 1 beer

Packing bearings= 1 beer

install new clamp= 1 beer

mount dampner post and dampner= 1 beer

install new bars w/ new grips (might as well go all the way) = 2 beers (it takes longer than one could expect)

The way I look at it, it will take you 7 beers to git r' done... Have fun....

Dan :cry:

Thanks Dan, I appreciate it the tip. If you added about 12 more beers and the makers mark shots you'd be dead on!!

Thanks Dan, I appreciate it the tip. If you added about 12 more beers and the makers mark shots you'd be dead on!!

I'm comin over... :cry: