01 clutch mod question

I have a '00 yz426 and I might give the '01 clutch mod ago over the winter. I am not the greatest with a spanner, but I think I could do this. How easy is it and how long will it take? Also, when installing the new friction plate, am I right that the next original plate should be left off. This plate is also a friction plate.

Thanks for you help.

It is very easy to install

You simply remove the last two plates and install the 01 replacements.

Do a Search on clutch mod you will get plenty of info

Here is a blow out of the clutch. You are adding Item 12 13 & 14, removing the last friction and pressure.

Also get the entire 01 Push rod(#22) and ball bearing(#21) assembly

01YZ426FNB12.gif

If I am installing 12, 13 and 14 and I take off one of the old friction and presure plates then two friction plates would be next to each other. Or am I not reading it right!

Your Not reading it right

Bottom line you are creating a 01 clutch.

The Stack you see in the pic is the 01 clutch stack, You will be installing the clutch as you see it in the pic, This will efectivly elimiate on friction and one pressure.

One thing Make sure the Boss Ring has the label marked "OUT" facing so you can read it as you slide that in.

I have a '00 yz426 and I might give the '01 clutch mod ago over the winter. I am not the greatest with a spanner, but I think I could do this. How easy is it and how long will it take? Also, when installing the new friction plate, am I right that the next original plate should be left off. This plate is also a friction plate.

Thanks for you help.

It's not as hard as it seems or sounds. Pull the stock clutch pack and it will all make sense. Click here for complete directions. Yes, you need to pull the innermost fiber plate, as it gets replaced with the 01 plate.