HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MO_XR400

2005 WR250/450 Mag Review

10 posts in this topic

I fit their target market, too....except for being OLD! :cry: :cry:

Reading that article sure whet my appetite for a new WR...but I'll ride mine a couple of more years. :cry:

Interesting. I'd like to see what one weighs wet without fuel next to an 04'. Since it lost 1/2 gallon of gas, of course it's lighter than last year fully wet. Nice to see the aluminum SA and decent bars come standard.

There is no way I could ever ride that bike with the stock tank. 2.1 gallons wouldn't get me to 1/2 of the places I go. Anyway, hopefully by the time I need another new bike, they'll be even lighter. :cry:

It is not that much of a difference John. You wont like the heavy WR compared to that lightweight bullet you are riding now! :cry:

I like the 300 a lot but I know I'm going to be missing my 426 bad once I get back out in the open like the sand washes in Moab. I was always looking for another gear on that bike and the 300 is much slower.

Anyway, the 300 is an interim bike for me until the 4-strokes get a little more refined and hopefully lighter. Since I'm not going to get any taller, the lower seat heights help as well. What I'd like to do is keep the 300 and buy another 4-stroke in 2-3 years.

I think motorcycle USA is wrong about the WR getting the AOSS forks.somebody correct me if I am wrong.