HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panteramatt

porting

5 posts in this topic

I'll have to agree with the articals that mx_crash has posted, having built drag racing engines I have found that size is not as important as shape and contour. All that I have done to mine was blend the valve pocket (seat to bowl area) and remove any bumps or casting flash from the ports and left the intake side with a simi rough finish for better atomization, and it did make a very noyiceable differance through the entire rpm range. :cry:

I asked Eric Gorr from Forward Motion and was told it was a waste of time. He said a big bore kit was the way to go. The stock head is very good and not all that much can be done with it for the average rider.

WR426madness,

Interesting, and here was me thinking dragracing was the possibly the only place where porting may help due to it being WOT racing. One day I'll get the guts to fill the ports on my road bike ,a ktm640sm and see how it goes.