HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MO_XR400

2005 WR450 -- Ride Report (How does it compare to the 2004)

4 posts in this topic

Looking at upgrading from my XR400. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2004 or 2005 WR450.

Is there anyone out there that has seat time in both the 2004 & 2005 WR450? I'd really like to see if the bike lost it top heavy feel after they lowered it (plus everything else...fork, engine mods, slimmer, etc.)?

Any and all input comparing the two would be appreciated. :cry:

I know that some wr junky can answer this question for mo_xr400. I'm a tall rider so I would like to know how much lower does the bike feel? Is it cramped?

All I can tell you is my buddy rides the XR400, he's about 6'0'' or so, rode my 05' wr450 and loved it. I'm 5'10'' and have time on both the 04/05. Bought the '05. The 05 just felt soo much better to me. And I could have bought an 04 for quite a bit less. I've also ridden the XR400 and no offense, felt quite truckish down the trail. The WR definitely has more performance/ suspension/ handling (not to forget e-start) and would be a great upgrade to either year model. Hope this helps.

I know that some wr junky can answer this question for mo_xr400. I'm a tall rider so I would like to know how much lower does the bike feel? Is it cramped?

I'm 6'. It doesn't feel like a clown bike to me (not too small). But I imagine with a name like BigE, you might have a few inches on me.

I'm used to riding my father-in-law's Honda old ('85?) CR480. It's a very tall bike (with the kick start on the left side). Switching to the '05 WR450 was a natural transition.