Here you are boys rally tanks and shoud for your 450

This bike is a 2-trac and is prepared specifically for the Paris Dakar rally which starts around christmas time.

The skid plate is not an oil reservoir, according to rules you have to carry additional water on your bike in case you get stranded and this is what is in there. Not oil.

David Fretigne rode a 2 trac last year to a top 10(Maybe 12'th)overall finish, even winning at least one stage.

This bike is pretty much built for high speed desert crusing. Only.

If you want to back woods it then forget it. Thats not its job.

Its competition in prior years used to be the KTM 660's and 900's etc so this is

absolute featherweight compared to those biks.

As such didnt have the top speed of the bigger bikes but came into its

own on the more technical sections where the bigger bikes struggled somewhat,

hence the stage win last year.

I cant wait till this rally starts. TV coverage in Europe is good,

the French are fanatical about this race...they invented it after all.

Larry Roessler entered last year, cant remember how he finished but

he found it tough going....over 2 weeks racing with stages up in the 1000km

(625 miles) range some days and just a a couple of rest days.

Dakar 2005 Home Page

Thanks for the info on the race, wish the US networks would broadcast more of the euro rally's even if it was done like the Tour de France coverage. Don't think most people here understand how difficult and dangerous some of these races like the P.D. and some of the other big rallys truely are.

Dakar is awesome. ? Last years coverage was great on TV! David Fretigne won the 450 class on the WR450 2WD! ?? :cry:

Amazing!?

I hope David is healed up from his Australian Safari accident where he ran into a fence at high speed in bad dust conditions and got thrown badly. Surgery was needed for his shoulder ligaments. That was in early September. Hopefully he will be ready in January. ?

I would love to have that setup for Utah riding. Last weekend I forgot to gas up at our gas drop (Talk about dumb) and ended up having to offer to buy some gas at Whitewash.Well, the guy gave it to me, thanks man, wherever you are. Anyways it would be nice to have a real tank available for the WR for the few times a year I would use it.