HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xteamrider

04 Wr450f Won't Start

2 posts in this topic

So, I think I did something pretty stupid. I had recently cleaned my bike. I always cover up the air intake port with a piece of duct tape during cleaning. So, yesterday I was going to change my oil so I can ride today and started the bike, rode it about half a block when it died. I couldn't get it started back up, even trying to compression start it. Once back in the garage I realized I still had duct tape over the air intake. Now she won't start at all. I tried letting it sit for 24hrs in hope it was maybe flooded, tipped it on the side to drain fuel, and put a brand new spark plug in. She still won't fire, even on compression start. Anyone have any idea what I might of did?

You flooded it....pull the new plug and throw it away, put a fresh plug in the cap and ground it, then crank the engine to blow out the raw fuel still in the cylinder. Install fresh plug and start..... :cry: