HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steviejay01

Buying a used WR426

6 posts in this topic

You guys seem to be the kiddy's tell me what to watch out for and what a wonderful bike it is......

Any tips, on what I need to look out for, and what I might want to do ref gearing ie: 16-46 for the road and summut else for the dirt track if I ever get on some loose sticky stuff?? :cry:

Bring your compression tester and check the engine compression. Take it for a short ride and make sure the gears all work. Visually inspect the overall condition. :cry:

The 426 is a good bike,pay attention to the kick start mech and the gearbox,the top end can have some troubles with galling of the cam cups,most allways look for chewd up nuts an bolts on a second hand buy,it will tell you most about what you need to know!,new plastic and a rake of chewd up nuts`n`bolts?=walk away! :cry:

Check under the ruber chain protector on the top

of the swing arm, for wear and cracks also check

the the underside of the frame for dents and cracks.

As well as the above post's

Good Luck :cry: