HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shane_Bettin

popping in the airbox??

4 posts in this topic

well i had an air leak in my airbox that i didn't know about which caused my bike to run real lean. i didn't know what was wrong at the time so i richened up all the jets. 182 main, 4th or 5th clip(can't remember right right), and a 45 pilot with 1 3/4 turns on on the screw. now that my airbox is sealed up when i have the seat off and the engine idling, if i put my lear to the filter i can here a popping in the airbox/carb. i also noticed a slight change in idle everytime it popped. i haven't riden it yet since i sealed the box so i haven't done any plug tests or nothin. im goin for a rip today so ill see how it runs, but wahst could be causeing that popping on the airbox side?

thanks

shane

what you hear is the throttle plate. Take the seat off and it should be very easy to hear.

What do you mean you sealed up the airbox?