Which Exhaust

The slip-on's will work with stock header. The jetting typically on quiet pipes doesn't need changing since they are corked up a bit.

Also, check out Flip's post "pulled the trigger" on this forum. He has pictures of a White Brothers E2 pipe that looks really good.

FMF is soon to release a Titanium version of the "Q" pipe. Looks better and weighs less but......of course it costs more. I saw a picture of it in the latest issue of Dirt Bike Mag. , suggested retail $499.00.

I was disappointed in the FMF Power Core slip-on pipe I purchased for $285. It was not the Quiet model, and the packing seemed to blow-out in one season of riding. It got so loud, that riding by myself or with others was unbearably annoying. No real noticable power gains. Used stock jetting.

I purchased a Yoshimura RS-3 full system and a James Dean jet kit. Power is greatly improved, starts easier, and no back fire. The Yoshimura TEC kit allows you to run at 94 db, 96 db, or open exhaust. Pipe was $400, TEC kit was $29 from Rocky Mountain ATV. James Dean jet kit about $70. Well worth the extra money!!

The White Bros. E2 silencer is an awesome piece. The fit and finish are first rate. I definately saw a slight power boost (just buzzing it up and down the street) over the stock pipe and it 'says' it 96db compliant. I'm sure with some jetting it'll be even more effective. Best of all, I just found that the TT Shop has 'em for $335! Thats a smokin deal. Just one more thing to consider.

Click here for a pic of the one installed on my bike.

the power-core 4 does offer alot of power gain when jetted properly. the stock jetting on your bike was way too lean hence the popping on decel and your packing going away so quickly. to look at my jetting everyone says "oh kinda rich" but its perfect for that pipe,runs like a raped ape! ? :cry:

I also use the FMF Powercore IV but with a quiet core insert when needed, properly jetted there are major differences over the stock unit. Having the quiet core is the best of both worlds in respect to sound level. I have heard most people dont like the Q because of a lack of performance gain.

I also use the FMF Powercore IV but with a quiet core insert when needed, properly jetted there are major differences over the stock unit. Having the quiet core is the best of both worlds in respect to sound level. I have heard most people dont like the Q because of a lack of performance gain.

FMF Power Core IV with SX Powerbomb Header! ? :cry: ?

Indy has the plan, I have a Powercore 4 on my 450 at present but am adding the Powerbomb header in January. One question, out of interest, is your header the sx or mx one? I'm opting for the sx as it offers more power off the bottom. A distinct advantage in climbing snotty hills, I believe.

Just ordered the White Brothers E2,hope ive made the right choice,don't think i will lose any power over stock exhaust,will i?

i've heard bad things about that pipe,sumthin about no bottom end gain and a drop in mid to upper rpm power,also no significant weight difference. ? but you can't believe half what you read anyhow! ?

Indy,

Hey was it you or someone else that said they tried the FMF TI 4 with the quiet core and it sucked? That was an option in exhaust I had been considering, but can't remember where I read it. My buddy threw the Powercore on his DRZ and it made a huge difference. I wanted the TI 4 because it is more expensive and therefore it's better. ? :cry:

I don't really mind about price, I just want the best exhaust to make my WR even more psycho to ride. Thinking about the Yosh too. Anyone have an opinion?

?

9895kx250f-cf-can-sm.jpg

Holy crap that picture came out huge! ? Sorry dial uppers, I'm sure it took 10 days to load.

Hey Digital Soldier. I have not tried the Ti4 but I would go with the Yosh from what I have seen and heard on the CRF's and YZ's it is a primo performance pipe! ? :cry: ?

I just dont know if you can quiet it down if you need to for dual sporting or noise restricted riding areas. ?

Damn, that is still a huge picture. All that time to load and no girls to boot, sorry again.

ANywho, what was I talking about,(it's early ?) there is a quiet endcap for the Yosh that's supposed to make it 96db. I really don't have any restricted areas (yet) but I don't want to be the jerk that gets one started either. Also I think for long term when I can start traveling with the bike to ride other areas that are noise restricted, the quiet option is a plus.

I suppose if Ty Davis is running that exhaust it must not suck, thinking he could probably get free exhaust systems from anyone. ?

Where you riding this weekend Indy?

?

Hey Digital! I like the Yosh package nice & noise adjustable too! We are riding LBL near Paducah KY Friday, Saturday, Sunday! Come join us if you can. We get there Thursday night and camp out. The following weekend we are riding Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia. Thanks Giving weekend I will be riding in Wayne National forest Ohio before they close it for the winter. ?

Hey man have a gas! I'm kind of tied down here for awhile doing a home remodel. ? Thanks a million for the invite though. I'm psyched to ride with ya and whoever you bring in the spring. I can put you up,(pending the successful remodel ? ) show you the stash of trails that go unused, and wheel you to the U.P. for other forays. I'm only 45 minutes from the border!

Take care and have fun. ?

?

JB

Just ordered the White Brothers E2,hope ive made the right choice,don't think i will lose any power over stock exhaust,will i?

i've heard bad things about that pipe,sumthin about no bottom end gain and a drop in mid to upper rpm power,also no significant weight difference. ? but you can't believe half what you read anyhow! ?

Here's the thing. No, you're not going to see any noticeable weight difference. But what you have to remember is: this is a full aluminium unit with all the packing and spark arrestor junk that makes this silencer USFS legal and will stand the test of time. Its not a carbon fiber race piece, which don't get me wrong are really cool. My opinion? MOST of the CF silencers are not going to be USFS legal because they can't contain the sound to make it 96db or less. Also, if they're anything like street CF exhausts, they will eventually crack from sun and heat exposure. Again, dont get me wrong here, if I had a race bike and could afford a CF exhaust, I'd buy one.

As far as performance goes, I'll definately have to disagree with the "little to no performance gain" theory. My stock '05 WR pulls much better through out the RPM range when compared to the stock silencer. Does it hit like a 2-stroke? No of course not. Is it better than some of the non-USFS race pipes? Probably not. Is it on par with something like the FMF Q? Probably, maybe better. ?

ANYWAYS, I feel like I've jumped on a soap box in defense of my new exhaust. But, whatever I need to tell myself. ?