HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJwinston

Stock Air Filter Crumbling??

5 posts in this topic

I have my 04 YZ450 stock filter and went to clean it this past weekend. When I pulled it out, some of the foam from the seal area (grease side) shredded? Did I use the wrong type of grease to seal it up? Is there a special kind to use? Are these known for doing this?

TIA

I would suggest you toss the stock filter and buy you an ready filter at your local dealer. They cost around $10.00,pre oiled,and there reusable.gloves are also included so you dont get your hands messy. :cry:

No, I didn't use gas. Just the regular PJ1 cleaner and oil. I am not sure what grease I used on it, but didn't think it mattered??

I ordered up a No-Toil air filter, but it sucks to just throw away the stocker. I am sure this should be under warranty! :cry:

They do not need grease on the lip unless you constantly ride in very very dusty conditions - then use Belray waterproof - I have never used any grease on my 03- yep in dust too - I am tired of the mess and they seal just fine to keep dust out - Kerosene works very well to clean then run water thru it - no problems ever with disintegration....