HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 or 8 paddle?

13 posts in this topic

Thinking about riding down to pismo beach....which is better? Or is there down and upsides for 2 extra paddles?

I ran an 8 paddle tire on my WR420, with a 13T (down one from stock) front sprocket. I could keep up with the best of them on the hills. The more paddles you have, the more straightline stability you'll have, and the less maneuverability you'll have as well. As with everything, there is a trade off. Enjoy it, though, a paddle tire in the sand is one of the most fun things I've ever done on a bike!!! :cry:

I ran a 10 on my 426...switched from an 8. Traction was much better with the 10 and i didnt notice much if any less manuverability.

I ran a 10 paddle om my yzf 450 with a 13 tooth front and i had some trouble with my friend on a crf 450 who had a 8 paddle. I now have an 8 paddle and smoke hondas and pull on 500 two strokes all day. In my opinion the 10 is too much drag on a 426-450 but the 10 works awesome on the big bore two strokes.

A 426. Probally gonna buy an 8. My best riding buddy just bought his Yz250, so we a gonna rip it up on some dunes and fly off of them like superman on yamahas.

Yeah close to thr 500's with an 8 you would be faster than the 500,s suite your self.

Yeah close to thr 500's with an 8 you would be faster than the 500,s suite your self.

Highly unlikely! :cry:

I just found a paddle tire at goodwill for $10. It is the same size as as my stock one, at 110/90/19 for a yz400. Will I have a probelm clearing the paddles on the bike, or should I consider a smaller rin and tire?

Thanks,

Brian Bills

I just found a paddle tire at goodwill for $10. It is the same size as as my stock one, at 110/90/19 for a yz400. Will I have a probelm clearing the paddles on the bike, or should I consider a smaller rin and tire?

Thanks,

Brian Bills

I have a 110/90-19 paddle tire. I had to get a longer chain to clear the swing arm.