HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRainMan

02 YZ426 Fuel Screw Setting

5 posts in this topic

I don't have the manual - can anyone tell me what is the stock setting for the fuel screw? I'm guessing it's 1 1/2 turns out...Also, turning it in does what? Does turning it in make it leaner or richer?

Here is the complete shop manual for the 426

426 Shop Manual

The manual states 1 1/4 turns out as the factory setting. Turning the fuel screw (or "pilot screw" as the manual refers to it) in will lean the mixture at low speeds and turning it out will richen it. Start with the factory setting and then turn it 1/4 turn increments until you have it running properly.

Warm up the motor first Now Turn the screw in clockwise thats leaner till it starts to run bad Now start turning it out slow (richer)counterclockwise till the motor runs smooth :cry: If you don't have a ZipTy or scotts fuel screw go get one there only about $25.00