HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HeadTrauma

Crazy idea: long rod 650?

3 posts in this topic

I know the 600/650L doesnt like to rev, generally speaking, but I got to thinking about how smallblock Fords are made to rev. You just use a 302 crank, longer 289 rods, and pistons with the right pin height. Has anyone ever done something similar with a 650L using a 650 crank, 600 rod, and a custom big-bore piston? Heck, even if its not a Honda?

Last time I measured 289,302 con. rods there the same length..

Yeah,a longer rod is a good idea for most engines,ya need to figure out the correct ratio... :cry:

For Ford,get a windsor block,a 400 crank,360 mopar rods,pistons,custum mach. work and build a 416

Yeah, you're right. They both have a 5.090" rod, but the 289 had a 2.87" stroke instead of 3.00". Dont know what the heck I was thinking. :cry: Maybe I was getting my mis-matched parts strokers confused with long rods. How about a 393W made with 351W rods, 302 slugs, and a store-bought crank? Fun fun fun.

Anyway, is there even a difference between the 600 & 650 rods?