???? 06' YZ450F???

WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERNT IN NEXT YEARS 450? THE 05 HAD SUSPENSION CHANGES AND HAVE GONE TO THE FOUR SPEED BUT NOT MUCH ON THE OUTSIDE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN 06?

HEY FOR ONE THE CAPS LOCK

capslock.gif

Other then that possibly aluminum frame

? :cry: ?

WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERNT IN NEXT YEARS 450? THE 05 HAD SUSPENSION CHANGES AND HAVE GONE TO THE FOUR SPEED BUT NOT MUCH ON THE OUTSIDE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN 06?

capslock.gif

?

Yep, aluminum frame should reduce weight.....I cannot wait for the 2006.....

capslock.gif

LMAO !! or lmao ?

The YZ450F had a 4-speed in 2003, I know mine has one.

The biggest improvement on the YZ250, YZ250F, YZ450F, and KX250 in 2005 is the fork. The KX250F/RMZ250 did not get the new KYB fork.

The new frame was the 2nd biggest improvement, the 250 lost 4-5 pounds and the 125 lost 10.

Cheers,

the 06 yz450 probably wont get the aluminum frame,so dont get your hopes up.i hear yamaha is working on a yz 50 to get a share of the market from the Cobra minis.i also heard they are working on a 850cc 4x4 quad as well so there goes the r&d dollars.as of now this is just talk but well have to wait and see to be sure ?

the 06 yz450 probably wont get the aluminum frame,so dont get your hopes up.i hear yamaha is working on a yz 50 to get a share of the market from the Cobra minis.i also heard they are working on a 850cc 4x4 quad as well so there goes the r&d dollars.as of now this is just talk but well have to wait and see to be sure ?

If they do not add either a alum frame or a different frame altogether to reduce or lower the center of gravity for better turning - they will lose many many die hard blue owners!

I believe they will change the frame as the suspension was the priority for 05! ?

Actually (forgive me John for appearing to argue with you! ?) but due to the "Production Rule" I am not sure that is accurate. For example, Reed did not win his Supercross championship on an aluminum framed YZ250.....however the 05 has an aluminum frame and Reed is now riding one.

All I can say is that by September of 2005 my 426 will be about done (that is what I am telling Momma!) and whatever Yamaha sells for an 06 is what I will buy.

-B

Actually KTM will be racing the SX250F or whatever they call it and all they need to do for the production rule is sell 400 of them by June 1st (I think that's the date), even though they will start racing it 6 months earlier.

Yamaha etc. can do the same, but I think the riders don't like to make changes mid season. Ty Davis is running his 04 forks on his 05 framed YZ, cause he did not have enough time to test the 05 fork.

MC raced a steel framed CR after the 97's were already on dealer floors cause he thought the new frame tired him out too much.

RC raced his previous year CR250 when the new powervavle equiped CR came out, cause he didn't like it.

So basically the Pro's will race the new stuff early if they like it, and if they don't they will not. They want time to test it and they must feel better and be faster or they will not switch.

Cheers,