YZ426f-How to turn it into a Beast. Post here.

I was wondering how to turn my stock kitten into a beast. List of Mods and what not. Trying to get "The Beast feeling". I think mine is not tuned/jetted correctly Either.

It would be cheaper to buy a 650 :cry:

Raise the compression +13/1 and go to a 100mm piston

Port the Head

Get the Bigest cams and dial them in !!

Open the exhaust.

Hang on

Twist the right grip toward the back fender.

turn on the gas

lol all these smart ass answers. I mean how do you improve on the beast.

I was not tring to be smarta$$. If you think your 426 is a kitten you must be an expert rider and should know how to improve it, or it is in dire need of rebuilding. :cry: What is it's cranking pressure? over 175psi?

707 - local area code? If so, I'm a fellow local 426 rider (Napa). What you do to the bike depends on what you ride it on (track, trail etc.). Give some more info and we can point you in a direction...

Dan

Sure is. I do track and trail. It is like exactly 50/50. I want to set the bike up for MX though. So incase I want to screw around on some jumps and stuff I can do that. I just want more power.

I agree with brucifer, I have yet to be beat on the hole shot out of the gate and I don't mean just barely I'm talking 4-6 bike lengths to the first turn in a 300-400 ft start. You may have some thing holding back your bike, post a list of your jetting, altitude, pipe, & gearing. :cry:

Sure is. I do track and trail. It is like exactly 50/50. I want to set the bike up for MX though. So incase I want to screw around on some jumps and stuff I can do that. I just want more power.

:cry:

I think it was one of the wise ol smart :moon:'s who said

Twist thr grip to the rear fender

:cry: More Power :cry:

Get it ported, contact John Hlebo in the Bay Area

Honestly, I am not about to me a smart ass here but this statement concerns me

"I think mine is not tuned/jetted correctly Either"

My concern that is if this is as much as you know about your current jetting, I would be leary of trying to mod the bike. You may infact find alot more speed by simply twisting harder. I recently began to think I was not opening the throttle like I thought I was. So, I I came out of a turn to a long straight and opened it up to where as I always do. Then I tried to twist a bit more. Guess what. The damn thing took off again. Due to poor form and to much slack in the cable, I was not opening it up all the way. I took out some the slack and the took Semics advise and started over gripping a bit. Keeps my elbows up and ensures that I can twist all the way without having to be double jointed to get there. It has made a BIG difference in my bike horsepower.

Agree, Berudd. One has to be a real good rider wanting to turn the beast into more beast. The concern is not the power, but weight and handling.

What about NOS? :cry:

I think you are right about the twist. Thanks. I am gonna buy a JD jetting kit.