HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dennisr

05 wr450f throttle stop?

7 posts in this topic

hey, just found out about this great site!!! could someone tell me how short to cut the throttle stop screw? and what can i do with the stock exhaust , can i take out that inner sleeve at the end of the tail pipe? i just purchased this 05 wr450f a few days ago, thanks for the help :cry:

I think 22mm length is what you want cut 11mm off of the stop bolt. Uncork the pipe is best but it is loud and you may have to buy an aftermarket baja or gyt-r performance cork that is not so loud. :cry:

could someone tell me how short to cut the throttle stop screw?

www.thumperfaq.com has all the details you need to cut the throttle stop. I went to the dealer and measured a YZ stop, and cut mine to that length. The dimensions in the FAQ are correct for a 2005 WR450.

and what can i do with the stock exhaust , can i take out that inner sleeve at the end of the tail pipe?

I just took out the sleeve from the pipe. Yeah, it's louder than stock, but not annoying. There's still a ton of stuff inside that muffler!

The dimensions dont jive on Thumperfaq for some reason? :cry:

What you want is the slide to open the full length of the carb opening and no higher. That way you got it perfect. :cry:

I think 22mm length is what you want cut 11mm off of the stop bolt. Uncork the pipe is best but it is loud and you may have to buy an aftermarket baja or gyt-r performance cork that is not so loud. :cry:

Quiet Products makes a great insert....doesn't cost power and is as quiet as the GYT-R or PMB inserts. Same price.... :cry:

hey man i was told that its 10mm difference but the dealer just gave me a replacement one so you should go to the dealer you bought it from and ask for one