HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowxr

2.5 weight Cartridge Fork oil? XR650R

2 posts in this topic

I'm going to try the 2.5 oil again. I've gone from 5 weight to 2.5 weight and back to 5 weight. I couldn't tell any difference when I switched to the 2.5, I studied the fork oil bottle and it said "2,5W", which I assumed was 2.5 weight oil. It's that fancy bottle from Switzerland(I can't remember the name). I'm starting to think 2,5W isn't the same as 2.5weight?

Anyway, the only 2.5weight oil I could fine is Golden Spectro 85/150 Cartridge Fork Oil. Is "cartridge fork oil" ok in the stock XR forks? I don't think they're cartridge forks?

You have cartridge forks on your XR650R! The fluid you have is it. Some use 75/375 for racing in 110+ degree weather to stop fadding. That's what I have...but, I ride in 120 degree weather when I am stupid. Well all the time then.