HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danco

Oil changes

5 posts in this topic

How many of you change the o-ring on the filter cover when you change the filter? Do you need to change the filter with every oil change? Thanks.

Some filters come with the o-ring, like Fram. I usually us the Hi Flo Filtro which are about half the price, but do not come with the O-ring. Yes, I have replaced the o-ring a couple times. No, it is not necessary to replace it unless it is hardening/cracking. If oil starts seeping out get a Fram so you can get a new O-ring.

Danco, I've done over 11,000miles in 28 months.

Umteen oil changes, still using original

o-ring. As pattern filters are very cheap

I ( and most others ) change the filter

with every oil change ( about 800 miles for me ).

cheers, Craig

I have been running the same o-ring now for about two years and have had no problem. If it's not broke,...dont fix it! Happy ridin!

Mucho Grande gents. I just got the bike last month and bought a shop manual which of course say's change it every time. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.