HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fastmonstr

16/45 Final Gearing? WR426

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried this combo? I have 16/47 right now, top speed is over 100mph,but,I am looking for gearing that will let me run a comfortable 80mph for long stretches. My current setup is a little buzzy at 80-85 mph.

16/44 maybe???

at 9.000 rpm with 16/45, yamaha twists 100 mph, no crap from stock speedo

dont really know where the rev limiter cuts in for max speed and possible travel speed calculation

At 16-44, i have a very nice rev on highways :cry:

It's a little wild offroad though.

For offroad, I have another rear wheel mounted with a knobby tire and a 48 sprocket. It is still fast for offroad though. i tried to go with a 50 but the same chain could not go over both settings...

at 16-44, there is quite a big gap between the 4th and 5th but i think it is still acceptable. The engine runs comfy at 80 mph... :cry:

I wander which setting would allow the highest top speed... :cry: at one point, it becomes so geared up that i guess the engine won't be able to reach top rpm... I never tried the 16-44 full throttle in 5th gear to see what speed could be reached... :cry:

You couldn't possibly use that kinda gearing offroad.....

Could you? :cry:

Not on anything technical, just on fireroads. I will try 16/45.