HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdsmith

83/84/85 cylinder head covers

3 posts in this topic

I have an old 85 XR 600r in need of a new cylinder head cover. Does anyone know if the 83/84 XR 500r head cover is the same as the 85 XR 600r cover? They sure look alike at first glance, but i'm not willing to waste money on something that won't work.

Thanks for the help!!!

Cory Smith

What exactly do you mean by "cylinder head cover"? I believe the top ends were the same for these bikes. (83,84-xr500r, 85-88 xr600r) I may have the part with the rocker arms, from a 1983 xr500r.

sixr500

1983 xr500r Restored and Rebuilt-

Plastic refinished with plastic renew- Looks brand new!!

Sorry about the confusion, the part I'm looking for is the one the camshaft lays in, the spark plug attaches into and the valves and guides are set in. I'm a bit new to this, but I believe this is called the "cylinder head". If you have one or know where I can get a good used one, please let me know. My e-mail is cdsmith001@cox.net

Thanks,

Cory Smith