HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billyj7175

To pro-taper, or not to pro-taper...?

6 posts in this topic

I got a buddy back in the states that wants to sell me his extra pro-taper CR hi-bends. I was just getting ready to order an applied triple clamp anyway, so how good are the pro-tapers versus the standard renthals. I have some Jimmy Button bend renthals already which I'm really happy with, but this guy claims that the pro-tapers really cut down on vibration, and reduce shock to the grips...is this true, or is he feeding me a line?

Thanks

As far as the vibration reduction is concerned there may be a difference, but for surviving a get off - the ProTapers are much better than the "Benthals".

I have to agree with DUTCH. The vibration stuff might just be marketing hype, but I've been using the same CR hi bend since I first put them on my 600 in '97. Now they're on my 650 and expect to be able to switch them to my next bike in a few years.

Ive had the ProTapers for a few months now and I can attest they are very strong. I am 270# and 6'7" so I beat the heck out of them and the bike as taking some tumbles that have offset steering but never the bars.

Pro-Tapers have the highest strength compared to all the other makes, regardless of price.

they're the best.