HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bkej

05 WR 450 F Upgrades

5 posts in this topic

I just purchased an 05 wr 450F and have heard many people talk about the many mods (clip the greay wire, change the throttle stop, and modify the airbox among others). Does anyone have any info on the 05? Is everything still the same? Also, do you purchase a new yz throttle stop piece? and what do you do to the 05 airbox? This is my first 4 stroke so any helpful advice would be much appreciated!

bkej, your are one of the first with an '05. rumor has it that most of the mods are valid, but nothing confirmed. if you could post a picture of the top of your air box, we might take a stab at it. your can is completely different from the rest, so post a photo of the too. does it have an insert? how far does your throttle turn?

I just took my 05 by the dealer and got them to cut the throttle stop screw and unplug the grey wire and the bike rips! Can't wait for GYT-R to come out with the muffler insert replacement (they say in about a month). The dealer said their info source said cutting the airbox open wouldn't have much of an affect. Anyone have an opinion on this?? :cry: