HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shane_Bettin

engine mods?

7 posts in this topic

might be doing a top and bottom end rebuild soon on my 99 yz400f. when its apart i plan on doin some mods. what are some of the best mods out there for power and price. i'd want to keep running pump gas.

Shane if you are doing your own work, and have the ability, buy a set of Falicon adjustable cam sprokets, and set your LC 's to 105. If you are using a 450 type auto cam you'll only use the Falicon stuff on the intake. Engine wise, after jetting and carb work cam timing is an easy cheap gain.

I would recommend if replacing a crank to update to an 01 crank and gear to eliminate the key issues on the CB gear.

PK

Sorry about the crank comment, I hadn't yet read your other post, but it is the truth.

But not for the 450's, as best I can tell in the online catalog. If you do I would definitely appreciate the info on it.

I already have both the exhaust and intake cams on both 04yz250f's. They are a huge improvement over the stock cams. :cry: