magura clutch

Well I mounted the Magura clutch that i had on my CRF on my XR650R and it fits even better than it did on the 450. I must have routed the tube wrong because the plastic hydro tube touched my header and was cut like butter. No clutch.

Tube was no where to be found. But I did find steel braided line at a bike shop. Its the same stuff that they use on mountain bikes with hydro brakes. So got a couple of the fittings. The compression for the top and the barbed for the bottom. Bottom fit like a champ but the top didn't. Broke out my calipers and found the 2 tubes only different by .004. So I found the right size drill bit (3/16) and put it in my drill press and fitted the original master cylinder fitting in my little vise and bored it out. Fits like a glove and everything went together smoothly and works as good as before and looks even tricker. It should even last longer. The steel braided line was $4 a foot.

Mitch

How universal are those things? There are a handful on Ebay off of other bikes but some CRF450 and CRF250 and some others that look like a similar slave cylinder? and they are at tops 170 vs srcinc.net's 240? Maybe more trouble than its worth? Just looking around...

JT

Mine was from my CRF450. A CRF maguura clutch fits and works fine. :cry:

update, CRF clutch does not just bolt on.

Uh Oh? Something happen or not happen?

:cry:

clutch slips horribly with the CRF slave cylinder. Need longer pull rod or shorter mount. Also need a collet on the lower end. It will work, just not a bolt on.