HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J_T

Suspension Shims

5 posts in this topic

Can I buy Shims individually? I looked at racetech's web site and they sell them in packs of 10 for 15.90 and of the ones I need most are just one of each size so I don't need 10 of each one. I didn't seem them listed online at Denniskirk or Rockymountain?

Any ideas?

Thanks

JT

Hey, last month I was in the same boat. Ended up buying the 10 (?) pack from Race - Tech.

What size do you need? :thinking:If you're doing 650R forks I might have what you need.

:cry:

That would be great! I am doing a 2000 XR650R Forks and shock. I'll obviously pay you and s/h for any you would want to spare...

Below is what I am thinking I'll need...its the shock shims (12 inside Diameter) and the fork shims below that...(I believe 8ID)

Here are the ones I'm anticipating needing.

# needed -- THickness x diameter x Inside Diameter

1 -- .30mm X 34mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 38mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 34mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 32mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 30mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 26mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 24mm x 12ID

1 -- .25mm X 23mm x 12ID

1 -- .20mm X 38mm x 12ID

1 -- .10mm X 28mm x 12ID

2 -- .15mm X 22mm x 8ID

4 -- .15mm X 21mm x 8ID

Anyone else that can spare any I'll pay you for them...if anyone still knows of a place to buy them not in large quantities thatd also be helpful!

Thanks

JT

whoa, I think you will only need (2) 1 -- .25mm X 38mm x 12ID and (1) -- .25mm X 34mm x 12ID (2) -- .15mm X 22mm x 8ID or (4) -- .15mm X 21mm x 8ID the rest are all there in the shock already or the forks. :cry:

OK! I have it all figured out now! Either where can I get them individually or anyone want to sell some!

My previous post of what I needed was incorrect after some more decifering here is what I have come up with!

What I need; (updated 10/16 10:25pm ET)

1 -- .30mm X 34mm x 12ID

2 -- .25mm X 38mm x 12ID

2 -- .15mm X 22mm x 8ID

4 -- .15mm X 21mm x 8ID

I believe they are 10 for 15.90 so I'll pay $2.00 each and s/h since you had to pay for so many!

Just let me know!

Thanks

JT