HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rcastor426

01, yz426 float problem?

3 posts in this topic

Ok, was riding the bike and it just died, i have traced it to not getting fuel into the float bowl, i removed the float and to my surprise the needle vavle did not fall out. now i have been looking at it and there is a little nipple that moves in and out.... is that all that is supposed to move or is it the needle vavle like on an old style carb with? i tried to pull on it and it will not budge so i am just wondering if i have dirt stuck on top of it or the valve is frozen?

the needle valve and seat are exactly like old style carbs. the needle is about a 1/2" long and has a soft triangular tip on it that closes the fuel flow off.

If you take the pin out for the float, the float and the needle should come out as a unit. The needle is hung to the float with a small diameter wire.

I have seen the tit on needles wear so that they can wedge themselves in the seat. But a BIG screw driver will remove the seat and the needle so you can easily replace them.

replace the float at the same time.