Fuel Screw O-ring and Washer

G'day everyone, i just put a zip-ty in, looks like the previous owner has lost the o-ring and washer, i can prob get an o-ring from work, or is it special? also how important is the washer? :cry:

Cheers - Brett

The o-ring isn't anything special. I just needs to fit and be compatable with gasoline. The small washer is to apply even pressure on the o-ring and keep it from getting torn up by the end of the spring.

p.s. What he11 is taffy mod? You're not plannin' on replacing o-ring with it ar you?

p.s. What he11 is taffy mod? You're not plannin' on replacing o-ring with it ar you?

:cry:

hehe, thanks for the info!, now i understand what the parts do. nah the taffy mod alters the accelerator pump timing on 99, 98 models so that the 'squirt' dosnt go for too long, and eliminates some of the off idle bog. Do a search on it and have a look, 'taffy' is a thumpertalk user. :cry: :cry:

Aye,aye cap'n! weezahgoodnah!

I think you can get the o-ring and the washer from www.sudco.com, otherwise it is $27 for a complete new stock fuel screw to get $2 worth of an o-ring and washer.

I called Sudco to get a replacement float and float needle valve and they told me what they sell will not fit the OEM FCR Keihin! &%$#@! is that all about :cry:. Apparently, the 39 mm FCR Keihin carb they carry is different from the OEM 39 mm FCR Keihin carb that came on my bike.