HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
racerx573

400 Carb Same as 426?

12 posts in this topic

Is the YZ400F Carb the same as the YZ426F?? If not will the 400 work on the 426? I am trying to go back to an FCR from the Lectron I have... I assume the 400 is a 39mm FCR?

But would it work?

Sure.

You may have to buy a new intake, one off a 400.

The 400 and 426 motors are identical in most ways, but the first YZ426 got a Flat slide FCR, the 400 has a Slant, which is common in street applications (that's why it is cheaper to replace, just call Sudco ). The different orientation of the venturi to the intake (perpendicular on the Flat, moreso on the Slant) is what may necessitate the different intake. OTOH it may bolt right up...

As mentioned another difference is the hot start system, which was external to the carb on the 400 but integrated into the carb in 2000.

I'm sure you could make it work, but it isn't a direct replacement and it may be cheaper and easier to just find the appropriate carb to swap over....

...then again it may not.

Anybody else?

Hope this helps.

Dont mess with that just put a Edelbrock carb on. I have had one for a year and a half and wouldnt think about using the stock carb again.

Dont mess with that just put a Edelbrock carb on. I have had one for a year and a half and wouldnt think about using the stock carb again.

the carb made it that much better?

what all did you get out of the aftermarket carb?

I don't have to listen to him complain about a bog anymore when we go riding so I know it did that much for him. :cry:

I don't have to listen to him complain about a bog anymore when we go riding so I know it did that much for him. :cry:

cant you do the BK MOD to fix that?

PS: :cry: Back @ yah.... :cry:

The Edelbrock carb Fixed all of my bog problems. Not helped FIXED everything. BK mod wont work on a 98 and 99 carb. (if I remember) You find a mod on here and I tried it. The bog was really bad at times, it never had a pattern to when it would do it. The Worst time it would happen would be on the face of a jump. I cleaned the carb, messed with many different jetting settings, adjusted the acel. pump rod for the spray timing. I know almost all of the people here love the FCR carb but Im telling you mine was junk and the Edelbrock carb fixed all of my problems the day I bolted it on. There are a couple people on this message board that have the same thing to say about there Edelbrock. All I can say is dont knock it till you try it. Good luck!

The Edelbrock carb Fixed all of my bog problems. Not helped FIXED everything. BK mod wont work on a 98 and 99 carb. (if I remember) You find a mod on here and I tried it. The bog was really bad at times, it never had a pattern to when it would do it. The Worst time it would happen would be on the face of a jump. I cleaned the carb, messed with many different jetting settings, adjusted the acel. pump rod for the spray timing. I know almost all of the people here love the FCR carb but Im telling you mine was junk and the Edelbrock carb fixed all of my problems the day I bolted it on. There are a couple people on this message board that have the same thing to say about there Edelbrock. All I can say is dont knock it till you try it. Good luck!

no knocking here...just wanting more info...where did yuo get the carb? and what do you have to do with the jetting? if there any thing different?

Never had to change the jetting. Just bolted on the carb and set the idle. Good luck.