Two TTers first ride together - pics? forget it!

Sylvain and I met for the first time a couple of months ago. I had the chance to meet his wife and kids... they're all nice people. We went riding on two different small local tracks close to where Sylvain lives on last September 18th and had a lot of fun.

That has been quite a story to get there though. I left in the morning to go at Sylvain's home. The plan was: I'm there at 10, we change the wheels on my bike, put the knobbies on and we're all set.

I was no more than half a mile away from my house when the cops arrested me. ?. I don't know how that crap happened but my plate was due $$$. ?. The lady took my papers and went in the car. She noticed that my record was excellent (years without any tickets or accidents) so she get out of the car, look at my stock WR exhaust and say (translated):" Is that the stock emission system?"

- Yes it is. (No need to say there is a label on the inside that says NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE)

-Are your tires legal to go on the street?

-Yes they are (I had the Siracs on so I proudly showed her the DOT label)

-Ok, now your plate is due for payment. I won't give you the ticket because of your good record and because you committed no additional infractions (you bet). On the other hand, you will have to go back home and not ride that bike until you have paid for your plate.

-Alright.

Went home and called Sylvain to tell him the plans were busted.

Sylvain told me: "Noway! Where do you live? I'm coming with my trailer to pick you up."

So he did and we rode together all afternoon.

Talk about a good riding buddy ?

Ok forget it! That was my last attemp at posting pics. That friggin trick never worked out. Just so you don't loose your time: that desperate attemp is brought to you by imagestation.com ?

I'll try to post pics once my personnal website will be built.

Dot to the line.

• 1 month later...

Too bad we can't have a look at those pictures. I almost went over the bar for those in Verchères LOL. I recall there is a second time we went riding on a local mx track with you, there is actually a video showing what style you have coming off a jump. I'm sure this would be very entertaining ?? .

I just hope you didn't catch my get offs. ??

You may try to send me some pictures via e-mail at my work adress, I think I'll be able to set them up in my photobucket file.

I'm working nights this week, it's too bad I have to sleep during the day with all that nice weather we have. Sunny with +6 deg C. ?

The track is very close to Montreal.

I'd say Montreal is about what...1 hour from the Ontario border.

That would be cool if you could join us someday ?

You need, a bike ready to ride, yourself and 20$ for the day, that's it. ?

Hi Math

If we have visitors give me a ring. It's always nice to meet good people.

BTW I just saw yesterday an Acerbis tank like mine on e-bay at 150.00 us $, the seller is from BC, so at least there is no custom fees.

I'll be off next weekend (27th nov). If weather permits, we could ride in Verchères or at the track in StJulie if it still opens. Give me a ring. The trailer won't be in winter storage. ?

A+

The track is very close to Montreal.

I'd say Montreal is about what...1 hour from the Ontario border.

That would be cool if you could join us someday

You need, a bike ready to ride, yourself and 20$ for the day, that's it.

Montreal is a big place.

Is it east ,west,north or south shore?

What is it close to (landmarks)?

If I was coming in on the 20 or 40 going east ,where would I go?

I am about 1 hour from downtown Montreal .

We used to ride in river Beudete (sand blanc)

I heard they opened a track there ,have you ever been?

Hi Bamster and Math.

To get to St Julie :

40 east all the way to Montreal,

Tunnel Hyppolite Lafontaine south toward Québec city on the 20 east.

Keep on the 20 until you reach ST Julie exit, about 10 min of driving at hyghway speed, from the exit of the tunnel.

Plan the drive to be before/after traffic hours, it's pretty much a parking lot in the afternoon 15:30 to 18:00 hres going out of Montreal southbound.

More precise infos will be available.

There are some market places / restaurants / etc.. , once you are there you give us a ring and we will get to you. Math lives nearby. I live a bit futher away in Verchères.

The MX track is about 5 minutes from Math's place.

With a cell, you phone us when you come out of the tunnel and we could be waithing for you at the St Julie exit. With some infos and cell phones it's amazing what can be done. ?

I heard of riviere Beaudet but I've never been there. Did you like the riding there ? Far away from your place / mine ?

It may be a bit late to meet this season, but there is a big ride each spring in St Michel des Saint in april. It's organised by the FMSQ, have you heard of it ? Last year we were 700 participants. Quads and bikes got along just fine. But the weather is always a major player, cold and very VERY wet. Watherproofing the beast is a good idea.

Keep in touch.

Math, I'll try to phone you tonight nov 22, I'll be riding tomorrow. If possible at the St Julie MX track. If it's open in the afternoon. I know you should be working but just in case you are off.

Sylvain

When we used to go to riviere Beaudet,there wasn't a whole lot.

Just a bunch of sand dunes and some 4 wheeler trails but I heard they built some mx tracks and a mini track.

I like trail riding more than MX. Is St Julie just an MX track?

If you like trail riding you should try Limerick forest some weekend next year.

It would be a 2 hour drive for you. Very easy to get to,west on 401 to Prescot,

North at Edward exit takes you right in to Limerick forest.

Lots of tight single track untouched by 4 wheelers.

Larry Murry cut most of the trails only so wide to keep the quads out and so high to keep out the horses.You can go there on any sunday and peaple will be riding. They also a have a kids ride put on by the BMA.

We also go to a place north of Hawsbury near

riviere rouge Lots of trails and some guys built a freestyle area with lots of jumps. For this area I recomend going with someone who knows their way around.