HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluerock5

brighter headlight for the XR650L

13 posts in this topic

What's a good replacement (brighter and stronger) than the stock Honda unit? Can you buy it at an auto parts store? Thanks

What's a good replacement (brighter and stronger) than the stock Honda unit? Can you buy it at an auto parts store? Thanks

Great question, I would like to find out as well. Anyone got any info on this?

The stock bulb is a 55/60W H4 (55W on lowbeam, 60W on highbeam.) You can replace it with a 55/100, (same lowbeam, killer highbeam) or a Piaa 80/80W Superwhite (awesome bulb, low & high.)

Both are available from Baja Designs.

yup, put a Sylvania Superwhite H4 bulb on my street bike...awesome results ($35 or so for one bulb, though)...BUT, I think you will melt the plastic stock lens, we need a glass lens,,,anybody know where to find a glass lens for a xr650L ? ..saw one advertised somewhere, about $25, but forgot where I saw it

The Xr650L has a glass lens never saw one with a plastic lens actually now that I think of it has to be a glass lens to be road legal right?

I also have a 2001 XR650L ... and unless somebody already changed it, you will have a plastic lens on yours, too ...

I have an 06 and it is definitely a GLASS lense!

I was thinking of putting a monster bulb in there 55W low with 100w High but was afraid of melting some of the wiring. Can the wiring handle it? Reason i ask is because i put some high watt bulbs in my jeep awhile back and it melted the wires in the plug at the back of the bulb.

Is there a "harness upgrade" available?

I am definitely looking for a nice headlight upgrade though!

my 06 is stock glass lens too, ive been thinking of one of the 55/100w bulbs for it too. Actually found them in the catolog at the local bike shop, was only like $25 :devil:

my 06 is stock glass lens too, ive been thinking of one of the 55/100w bulbs for it too. Actually found them in the catolog at the local bike shop, was only like $25 :devil:

Thats bogus man! $25 should buy you 2 or 3 of those bulbs! Keep looking online. You should be able to get a nice high quality brand name bulb in that flavor for under $10 or so!