Encouraging News

I just returned from the latest Desert Advisory Council meeting in Barstow, California. The DAC weighs all concerns when there is a proposed land closure and advises the BLM on what to do. The BLM then decides whether to follow recommendations.

The DAC now has some very capable and level-headed people in some of its positions at this time. They are not buying the extremist view of some in the enviro community. Even some of the environmentalists aren't buying into the nonsense any more. Of 15 members, two are representing recreational interests now. There were none at one time. These people know what they are talking about, and they are not backing down for anyone.

I was very encouraged by what I was hearing at this meeting from them and others who are not even recreationalists. But the fight is far from over. It is time to bury this extreme environmental agenda with a big push by an organized off-road enthusiast show of force. It seems it will take a united voice to undo years of abuse at the hands of said environmentalist groups. They will not take this lying down.

In a week or so, I will post some links where you can monitor the progress and find out when meetings are held. Any Californians who can make these meetings will definitely help the cause. This time we need to get involved, because we are really in a corner right now, and whatever works in California will be exported to other states and used there.

Stay tuned.

Dan