HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
av8shunmeckaneck

Exhaust compatability

3 posts in this topic

I decided to post this cause I figured it would save some poeple wads of cash. I tacoed my 03 wr450 stock head pipe on a rock. Messed up the radiator a bit also. So I accidentally bought a Yzf450 (quad) head pipe off of ebay. I thought the description was for a Yz450 pipe which is the same part number for the Yz and Wr of the same year (maybe other years also but I didnt research that far). Well I got the pipe yesterday and I fitted it to my 03 wr450 (stock as can be) and the pipe fit marvelously. It has the same bend. The only differences are that the guard is longer and its made of stainless instead of Titanium so it costs half the price of the Wr/Yz stock pipe. With this new information I think that most all of the yamaha 400 series engines probably have the same head pipe with slight differences but the same fit. (im not sure of that though)