HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quickbrit

VIN Question

11 posts in this topic

I have a leftover WR450FR which came from Florida - Can anyone tell me whether it's green or red sticker?

The VIN is JYACJ04373A003163

Thanks in advance,

MikeE

www.2wf.com

I think all WR's prior to the '05 offering are red sticker. I could be wrong but that is my understanding from reading this fourm and the Yamaha web site. :cry:

does anybody have a VIN "decoder" for Yamahas? you know, one of those lists that tell what each sequence of characters means.

the FR on the end makes it an 03, if it was sold new in the US, its red! My Canadian WR450F is green! 8th digit has a letter (W) instead of a number. So it doesnt come up in the US database system! :cry:

My Canadian WR450F is green! 8th digit has a letter (W) instead of a number. So it doesnt come up in the US database system! :cry:

I'm thinking about buying a WR450F online out of Canada. They said the 8th digit is a W. How is the registration process here in CA. The Canadian models are suppose to be full power, no throttle stop or baffle, brand new.

No US emissions sticker on a Canadian bike. I think thats what our officails use to confirm green and red sticker status. My guess is that if inspected by a greenie, a Canadian bike wouldn't even get a red sticker here in the Republic of Californication. :cry:

I'm thinking about buying a WR450F online out of Canada. They said the 8th digit is a W. How is the registration process here in CA. The Canadian models are suppose to be full power, no throttle stop or baffle, brand new.

Myself, and several others on TT have bought Canadian bikes from Intl' Brokers. I bought an 04' WR450 last June. Mine DOES have a W in the 8th vin position, and I got a GREEN STICKER!!! Those guys at Intl' Brokers have it all figured out, how to register the bikes in CA, and its all legit. The DMV only checked the VIN and engine number against pink slip, paid them $$$ and I was on my way. It was easy. But I did have to pay CA sales tax though.

Intl' Brokers is who I'm looking at. Glad to know someone else here has bought from them. Thanks for the info. :cry:

I paid for my 04 WR450F in August, got the bike pretty quick, then I had a little delay for paperwork, was able to ride it about mid September. It went real well. Should of moved a little sooner, the price for the 04 WR450's was $5,399, now I see they are $5,699! He does have 05's now, but they are about $6,199, MSRP on these in the US is $6,599. The 05's will be tough to get a good deal down here, the demand will mean second sticker, ie freight and setup gougeing. Zach is different, his people skills are not good, he is short, wont asnwer too much, if he does, his replies are 1 sentence. But do your homework, figure out what you want, send him the money or call in your order. I wired him the money, made it happen a little quicker. He is legit, you wont get ripped off. I was nervcous about sending $5,600 to a foreign country. But I did research and no one has been ripped off, one guy wanted a refund and got it within a week. And he does advertise here also, so he cant be too bad! :cry: