HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
600ish

D.S. Kits and B.D. Starter

4 posts in this topic

I have a friend who owns a '01 XR650R that he wants to convert to a dual sport and Install an electric starter. I am helping him with what he needs and I am looking at the Electrex Dakar and Baja Designs Kits and a stator rewind for riding on the street at night. Any opinions on these or other kits and the Baja Designs electric starter. Cost is not a big issue, he's looking for the best DS Kit and starter he can get for the 650R. Thanks

I had the luxury of looking at various d/s kits first hand by visiting BD, Electrex , several dealers selling various various brands of d/s kits and seeing them first hand and talking to owners of various d/s kits. I chose the Electrex for various reasons and so far I've been happy with it. It's well contructed, well designed and has some nice features. None of these d/s kits are perfect in my opinion, but the Electex was the one that met my needs the best. I bought three of these kits and may only end up using two.

No matter which d/s kit you buy, make sure to keep your battery plugged into some type of smart battery charger/maintainer if you want to maximize the life of your battery.

I like the ignition key feature on the Electrex kit and it seems to be a quality kit and you get what you pay for. Any opinoins on the ICO Dualsport speedo/computer?