HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jmv400

I need new suspension!! for and 85 xr600

2 posts in this topic

We are looking to redo the suspension on the XR600 i sold my friend. If anyone has a reference online, it would be greatly apreciated. Always looking for a good deal on the web. I would greatly aprecaiate suggestions and/or places on where and how to do this task. we need to replace both the front and rear suspension. Thanks a bunch--mudslinger--

Howdy, I've had great luck with the setup on my '96. The front end is a Showa upside down fork system from a cr500. I used everything including the clamps from the donor bike. Other than having to make a shim to take up a bit of space under the bottom bearing, it was strictly bolt on. I also suspect the Showa's offer less rake than the stockers because the steering seems much quicker than it was before. I had the stock rear shock worked over-I believe both White Bros. as well as valvetech still do this kind of work- look in the back of a Dirtbike mag and you'll find several shops. I told them what I needed to do, and they did it. The total bill was less than $150 as I recall and I got a new spring to boot (I'm a big guy). Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a pic. Good Luck! -Chad, hjort@winco.net :)

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: pbgunrunner ]